Saturday, July 12, 2008

All the Music

I sometimes interpret my life through music.
Sometimes I listen to these god-awful songs, sometimes I listen to cheesy songs, sometimes I listen to pretty songs, sometimes I listen to happy songs.
Yesterday I emailed some of my musical friends and asked for a list of songs that would cheer someone up. Here's what I got:

Somewhere over the rainbow - Keith Jarret
When you're Smiling (the Whole World Smiles With You)
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
Holiday - Madonna
4 minutes - Madonna
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret - Queens of the Stone Age
Bonito - Jarabe de Palo
With My Own Two Hands - Ben Harper

What's the song you would suggest to cheer someone up and what do you think of this list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little bit contradictory, isn't it?